Apr 22, 2012

Dzogchen Words of Wisdom

Seeing and hearing the Tibetan monks who are currently visiting Plattsburgh as a part of the Tibetan Festival,  I am reminded that whatever benefit we can bring about is intended not for ourselves alone.  They teach that if we intend it only for ourselves, it subtracts, rather than adds, to our good karma. However, if those actions we do, prayers we offer, kindnesses we extend, are intended for all (that does include ourselves of course) then it adds to our good karma. I hope to add a smile of joy for all by sharing the smile I received from these words chosen by Lama Surya Das, from the Weekly Words of Wisdom that came by e-mail.
Namaste,
Naomi
"What day is it?" asked Pooh.

"It's today," squeaked Piglet. 

"My favorite day," said Pooh. 

1 comment:

  1. Hi Naomi,
    This is exactly what I was sharing with you last week.

    ReplyDelete