Jun 17, 2012

A Change in The Depths of The Heart from Sogyal Rinpoche

This is a sharing of my Daily Practice recently. It is from a book  that I had pick up some years back at a used book store and read about 3/4 through and have returned to it over the years to study various sections. It is a book that after a few years of purchasing it,  Joel had referred to it and just recently mentioned again and has been sharing various teachings from. He has encourage others to also read.

Because I have shared this Poem by Nyoshul Khenpo's from Sogyal Rinpoche book titled, "The Tibetan Book of Living and Dying and because the response from non buddhist as well as buddhist was so positive I thought I should also post it on the Rising Light Sangha Blog Page. Enjoy Namaste Jen Curry

"Autobiography in Five Chapters" by Nyoshul Khenpo's

1) I walk down the street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I fell in.
I am lost . . . I am hopeless
It isn't my fault.
It takes forever to find a way out.

2) I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk.
I pretend I don't see it.
I fall in again.
I can't believe I'm in the same place.
But it isn't my fault.
It still takes a long time to get out.

3) I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I see it is there.
I still fall in . . . it's a habit
My eyes are open
I know where I am
It is my fault.
I get out immediately.

4) I walk down the same street.
There is a deep hole in the sidewalk
I walk around it.

5) I walk down another street.

No comments:

Post a Comment